Monday 20 March 2017

"Contempt"




"Contempt" is a 1963 drama film written and directed by Jean- Luc Godard. This film based on the italian novel "Il disprezzo" (originally translated into "A Ghost at Noon") by Alberto Moravia. I love this book and if I could, I'd read all the time. It's great! In this film play a role: beautiful Brigitte Bardot, Michel Piccoli, Jack Palance and Giorgia Moll. 
"Contempt" presents a life of married couple and a progressive loveless between husband- Paul Javal (a playwright) and wife- Camille Javal. A husband is indifferent to courtship of film producer Jeremy Prokosch in relation to his wife. This situation cause conflict between two people. Camille feels a big contempt to her husband. I think that "Contempt" is noteworthy, however I like a book much more. In the book Moravia uses reference to the mythology and also a book contains parallels of the main characters- Paul, Camille and Prokosch, which correspond to Ulysses, Penelope and Poseidon.
 In my opinion this film is so different from this book. Personally speaking, I prefer read books than watch films based on a books.
I encourage you to watch this film and also read this book!

J.














No comments:

Post a Comment