Sunday 23 April 2017

Macari and San Vito Lo Capo






Macari and San Vito Lo Capo are two beautiful small towns in Italy in the region Sicily in the province of Trapani. This town developed in 18th century. In San Vito Lo Capo are about 4000 inhabtants. 
There are spectacular mountains and is located by the Tyrrhenian Sea, many restaurants and souvenir shops for tourists and a particular and wide beach.
My holiday apartment was in Macari, where you can see a breathtaking scenery, grass-covered hills and sandy and rocky beaches. There is also the Riserva naturale dello Zingaro. When I was there, I saw a prickly- pear (a kind of cactus), European olive trees and orange trees.
Every morning I drank a delicious coffee looking at an amazing viev- the top of the enormous mountain! 
There isn't any shop or supermarket, there is only a bus stop and small bar. The distance between two towns is 5 km, about an hour away on foot. I remember this trip very nice, despite poverty that prevails there. Wherever I met the people in Sicily, everybody was outgoing and friendly. 
When I will find the time I would go there once again!

J.








No comments:

Post a Comment